Oh what a year! Thank you to all our clients and partners who helped make 2011 a very fun and exciting year. We are looking forward to 2012!
Just a few Highlights from 2011
- Serendipity moved its kitchen to a new location in early February. The new location on Park Avenue West in Denver, features floor to ceiling windows and state-of-the-art culinary equipment.
- Eco-Beautiful Weddings and Serendipity formed a partnership. This partnership is part of Serendipity’s commitment to leading the catering industry in green practices. Eco-Beautiful Weddings is the first and only quarterly online magazine and daily blog dedicated to eco-friendly weddings.
- Sponsoring the catering for the Balanced Energy Economy Series offered by the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce was another natural fit in Serendipity’s green commitment.
- Gov. John Hickenlooper and Sec. of Interior Ken Salazar enjoyed Serendipity’s food at the grand opening of the Rocky Mountain Arsenal Visitor Center in May.
- Serendipity turned 10 on June 28, 2011!
- Stacy Simonet joined the Serendipity team as the public relations director.
- The Green Cube Show Home in Denver, featured on the DIY Network, was put on display and guests were treated to Serendipity’s food and service. I’m sure Miss Colorado enjoyed the savory food.
- Serendipity became the first catering company to earn certification under the Denver Pollution Prevention Partners program. In September, Serendipity celebrated the occasion by inviting guests to a lunch where the mayor’s office presented the certification to Laura Zaspel, Serendipity co-owner.
- Kraft Foods selected Laura as a member of the Kraft Foods Cultivar Community. Laura will share her expertise with other industry experts to help shape foods of the future.
- Serendipity was chosen as a preferred caterer for the Lone Tree Arts Center.
- Mission Tortillas has tapped into the Serendipity team of professional chefs to create recipes using the new line of Artisan Tortillas.
- Because of its green practices, Serendipity was chosen to cater the Denver Bike Sharing sponsor event. Mayor Hancock enjoyed the breakfast prepared by Serendipity.
- Serendipity donated cupcakes to the U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Event held in Denver. The sweet treats were handed out by Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts in honor of the tree coming from Colorado.