Get to know the Serendipity Catering Team
Employee Appreciation Day Ideas
The average employee will spend more time at work than they will in any other activity (except sleeping). That’s why it is no surprise most successful businesses have some of the happiest employees! Go the extra mile for your team on National Employee Appreciation Day today (and everyday) with these easy tips:
- Celebrate small accomplishments—whether it is during a staff meeting, a handwritten note or a personal phone call or email, getting positive recognition for hard work goes a long way. One study showed that receiving a compliment in the workplace has the same positive effect as receiving cash. Implement an employee of the month program for a fun regular way of saying thank you or introduce new employees to your company by designating them “rookie of the month”!
- Not only does exercise increase productivity but employees will feel refreshed throughout the day. Encourage your staff to be more active by organizing “bike to work” days, starting an office fitness challenge or designating office breaks during the work day for stretching, yoga, walking around, ect.
- Build up team morale and comfortability in the office by celebrating employee’s birthdays and other big milestones. It is a simple way to help people connect to each other, making it more enjoyable to work together.
- It is said, “the best ways to someone’s heart is through their stomach” and we could not agree more! One of the most common ways to show your staff that you appreciate them is with a staff meal! Make it a fun treat by hosting taco Tuesdays or a monthly break room breakfast! Learn about corporate catering we offer, here. Even if your company can’t foot the bill, plan company happy hours or dinners: employees will look forward to it and appreciate the fun event.
- Allow your office to leave early on the day before a holiday weekend. A simple way to make their day (and weekend) better. Consider implementing an occasional “Summer Friday” at your office. It’s a surprisingly inexpensive perk!
- Get in the spirit of the seasons and monthly holidays by having fun desk decorating contests or designated themed dress up days. Here’s a Serendipity Catering tip: we host “love town” during February, July and October to encourage fun employee engagement in office with daily trivia, dress-up days, wall/desk decorations and friendly competition/team building by winning points for great work and other fun challenges!
- Listen to your staff! Ask your employees for input by starting a suggestion program. It will help your team feel heard and help get some insight to creating a better workplace! And offer suggestions to employees to let them know you appreciate them by working with your direct reports on growth plans. Let your employees know where they’re going in the company and what skills they can master next!
- Check out this “the 100 best places to work on 2017” survey done by Outside Magazine to get some more creative ideas from employees that love their job.